Most of peoples are using WampServer for managing PHP files.. By installing wamp server, we can use our computer as a local host.We can change its state by clicking on Wamp server icon and choose “Put Online” or “Put Offline”.
In some case wamp server is in online stage, but you cant use you system has a local host(ie your wamps server is inactive).So we cannot run PHP files. Now let us try to make wamp server (active) by some simple steps.
- Just Exit your Wamp Server.
- Uninstall Your Wamp Server.
- Also delete folder; C:\wamp (If any files in C:\wamp\www, back up)
- Check this file ‘hosts’ (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) is accessible.
- Open file ‘hosts’ with notepad , check whether there is a line like “# 127.0.0.1 localhost” or not. If it is not exist, write this line.
- Disable your antivirus software temporary (Especially ‘Avira’).
- Re install Wamp Server.
- Open Wamp Server.
- Check whether your Wamp Server is active or not. ( look in system tray for color of icon of wamp server). If your wamp server is still inactive..
- Click on icon of WampServer in system tray. From menu, select =>Apache=>Services=Test Post 80.
- If you get a message of usage port 80, you have to close that working internet software like Skype, anti viruses,PHPeasy etc
- If you get a message like this: “Your port 80 is not actually used”, That is your port 80 is not using by any program. Post 80 needed to use WampServer. Now you are in correct way..
- Now, go to WampServer icon=>Apache=>Service =>Install Service.
- Now you will get a message like this: “Your port 80 is available, install will proceed. Press Enter to continue.. ” . Just press Enter key from your keyboard.
- Now again go to Wamp server icon=>Apache=>Service =>Start/Resume Service.
- Now your Wamp Server is active. Wamp Server icon’s color changed Red to Orange.(Actual color of online is Green.but now you can use your Wamp Server)
- Now your can open your ‘local host’
- Localhost opened in Firefox..
Solve WampServer could not execute menu item error (internal error) or The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 0 (EParseError)
These are other Wampserver errors while turn Wampserver to online.
These are errors with heading as “Aestan Tray Menu”
Could not execute menu item (internal error)
[Exception] Could not perform service action:
The service has not been started
The configuration file contains a syntax error on line 0:
[EParseError] NO tray icon was specified. Please assign a tray icon by
using one of the TrayIcon* directives in the [Config] section
This is due to WampServer services could not been started . And it is very simple fix this error.
Just uninstall your WampServer and re-install with original and new setup.
- If you are facing a WampServer error as: ‘Forbidden You don’t have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server‘, then solve here.