Here let us see how to solve a popular hard disc drive error which shows the volume is dirty..Unexpected Windows shutdown may cause to hard disc problems. One of such problems is Error 0x80071AC3. If you received this error, you cannot do any hard drive operations like copy, past, cut, delete etc.
When you try such operations you will get an error message like this:
An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem
Error 0x80071AC3: The operation could not be completed because the volume is dirty. Please run chkdsk and try again.
To solve this issue, you need to run ‘check disk’ activity. [Restarting of computer will not solve this problem].
- Open your computer (My computer: Win key + E).
- Right click on affected volume (Example drive D) and take ‘Properties’.
- Go to ‘Tools’ tab.
- First tool is to ‘Error-checking’. Click on ‘Check now’ button.
- From given small window, click on ‘Start’ button to start scan. (Ensure ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ option is checked).
- If you check ‘Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors’ you might wait much time to complete scanning. If scanning without this option is not solving your errors, recheck drive after checking (tick) this option.
- Sometimes you will get a message with ‘Windows can’t check the disk while it’s use’. Here you have to close all things related to this drive. Or click on ‘Force a dismount’.
- You may need to wait some minutes to complete checking according to your drive capacity.
- After successful checking and fixing, you will get a confirmation message of scanning and fixing drive errors.
- Now you are free from Error 0x80071AC3.
- This is the common method to solve this error in Windows XP, Window Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.