User of screen saver is interesting.. 🙂
A screen saver is a moving picture or pattern that appears on your computer screen when you haven’t used the mouse or keyboard for a specified period of time. Screen savers were originally used to save older, monochromatic monitors from damage, but now they’re mainly a way to personalize your computer or enhance its security by offering password protection.
Windows comes with several screen savers, and there are screen savers available for downloading from the web. You can also create your own screen savers from personal pictures that you’ve saved on your computer. You can set any 3D text as screen saver.
Now let us see how to set your name as screen saver without any more software
- Click on start button, on start menu, search (just type for ‘screen saver‘.
- Choose ‘Turn Screen saver on or off‘.
- From list of screen savers, choose “3D Text”.
- Default text is your current computer time. So you have to change it to your name.
- Click on “Settings”
- Change “Text” selection from “Time” to “Custom Text”.
- Please enter your name on field of “Custom Text”.
- Set “Resolution”, “Size”, and “Rotation Speed” of your text.
- Also you can change “Rotation Type”.
- Then “OK”.
- Set waiting time (in minutes) for displaying screen saver.
- By click on “Preview” you can see your customized screen saver now temporarily.
- Click “OK”. Done.
Now if you wait up to your set time without touching your computer. You can see your name as screen saver.
- Right click on your desktop.
- Choose “Personalize”.
- Click on “Screen Saver” (Right bottom)