Since 2012, TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) allowed Indian mobile phone customers to change their network service provider to another network by using mobile number portability service (MNP). This service is available in both GSM and CDMA connections. In India all networks like Airtel, Idea Cellular, Reliance Communications, Vodafone, BSNL, TATA DoCoMo, Virgin Mobile, Aircel, Uninor, MTS, Videocon, MTNL, S Tel , Loop Mobile, Ping Mobile etc are support this service.
So all mobile networks trying to keeping their customers from migrating to another network also they are providing awesome offers to attracting new customers from other networks…
Since 2012, millions of mobile customers migrated to another networks due to:
- Recharge offers
- Low network signal.
- Low internet speed.
- Unavailability of 3G or 4G services.
- Other network problem.
- Poor customer care service, etc
If you want to migrate to another network, your connection must be an age of ninety days or need 90 days from last porting.
Here let’s discuss how to change your network to another network.Take menu in your mobile phone => Messages => New message.
Type PORT<space> <Your Mobile Number> (Example : PORT 987654321). Then send this message to 1900. (RS: 1 or depends the network)
Within minutes, you will get a reply message with your unique MNP number like RL24546521 with validity of 3 weeks or less.
- Before ending this date, go to any mobile shop or network provider’s office with your identity proof.
- They will give you a new SIM card of your new network. And they will send your proof to new network office.
- Now you have to wait about 7 days with your old connection. One day, your old SIM will not work, then put your new SIM to your mobile phone. Now you are successfully changed to a new network.
Normal charge for MNP service is Rs: 19 by TRAI (may change later), but all most network providers give this facility as free..