Turbo C is one of the popular compilers. Many students and programmers are using this software for writing and running C or C++ programs than other compilers. Because Turbo C is free and simple to use.
In older Windows versions, you can use Turbo C as full screen mode by pressing ‘Alt’ + ‘Enter’ keys simultaneously from keyboard. But in Windows 7, Windows vista or in Windows 8, this full screen mode shortcut will not work. It is difficult and boring to use Turbo C in small screen.
These are the two simple ways to get Turbo C as full screen in Windows 7, Windows vista or in Windows 8.
Method 1: By changing properties of your Turbo C
By changing properties of your Turbo C, you will get full screen easily. Follow following steps to edit the properties of Turbo C to get full screen.
- Click or Right click on Turbo C window icon.
- From given menu, select ‘Properties’.
- Now you will get the property window of your Turbo C.
- Go to ‘Font’ tab.
- Choose font as ‘Lucida Console’.
- From list of font size, choose ‘28’.
If you want a medium size of Turbo C, choose font size as ‘24’ instead of ‘28’. I like this size of Turbo C window than full screen size. I recommend you to choose 24 as font size. But you should select ‘28’ font size to get full screen.
- Then go to ‘Layout’ tab.
- Uncheck (remove tick) of ‘Let system position window’.
- Then type “Left” and “Top” window position as ‘0’ each.
- Now ‘OK’.
Now your Turbo C window should be full screen (and medium in font size 24).
Method 2: Using DOSBox software.
DOSBox is a file managing software like MS DOS. DOSBox is using for different proposes. We can run some software in DOSBox. If you run your Turbo C in DOSBox, you will get full screen.
- To implement this method, first of all you need DOSBox. You can download DOSBox from here.
- After downloading, install your DOSBox.
- Make a new folder in any drive. (To avoid further descriptions, you please make a new folder in C drive). Here I made a new folder in C drive with name ‘apk’.
- Then copy your Turbo C folder (from ‘TC’ folder) to this new folder. (Default directory of Turbo C is ‘C: \Tc\Bin’).
- Then Open DOSBox by desktop shortcut. Now two windows will open, avoid back window. We need frond window.
- Mount your new folder directory by typing ‘mount c c:\apk\’. (Type your new folder name instead of ‘apk’). After typing, press ‘Enter’ key to execute.
- Now change directory to ‘TC’ by typing ‘cd tc’.
- Again change directory to ‘Bin’ by typing ‘cd bin’.
- Now directory path is ok. Now execute your Turbo C (TC.exe) by typing ‘tc’or ‘tc.exe’.
- Now Turbo C will open in your DOXBox software. Press ‘Alt’ + ‘Enter’ keys simultaneously from your keyboard to get full screen.
- To compile and run your programs, you have to change the directory of this Turbo C.
- Go to ‘Options’ tab. Then click on ‘Directories…’
- From given ‘Directories’ window, change ‘Include Directories’ to ‘C:\APK\TC\INCLUDE’. (Type your folder name instead of ‘apk’).
- Change ‘Library Directories’ to ‘C:\APK\TC\LIB’. (Type your folder name instead of ‘apk’).
- Then click on ‘OK’ button.
- Now your Turbo C is ready with full screen mode.
Note: Some system errors will cause to termination of your DOSBox. And the speed and mouse movement is slow in DOSBox method. Whereas in first method, Turbo C is fast and perfect. No need to change the directory paths. So I recommend you to adopt first method.