If your WampServer shows error “Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access / on this server” or “Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server”, Then first of all,
- Open a browser.
- Type: 127.0.0.1 (or Localhost), then press Enter key. If it is working, then you may skip following instructions.
“Forbidden. You don’t have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server”. This is a common WampServer error while someone tries to access to ‘phpmyadmin’ for MySQL database operations. Now I would like to say some tricks to overcome this error.
- Make sure your WampServer is Online.
- Click on WampServer icon from notification area.
- Select ‘Apache’.
- Choose ‘Alias directories’.
- Click on ‘http://localhost/phpmyadmin/’ .
- Then click on ‘Edit alias’ .
- From given text editor, look for a line ‘Deny from all’ (without ‘#’ symbol).
- Change it in to ‘Allow from all’.
- Save.(File ->Save)
- Then retry to open ‘phpmyadmin’
I hope this trick will help you…
If it is not working, open all ‘Alias directories’, and change all ‘Deny from all‘ to ‘Allow to all‘.
If your WampServer is offline always, then see here to solve.